Non-Profit Community Orgs
The Southern Arizona Veterans and First Responders Living Memorial is for all of Southern Arizona, and will be the only Living Memorial in the region. It will be built in Oro Valley's Naranja Park, on 2.5 acres donated by the Town of Oro Valley, and overlooking the Catalina Mountains
It will be a place of solemn honor, remembrance and education for all.
Each element of the Memorial design has special significance. The Memorial has been named “Stars at Home and Abroad.'' The five pentagons represent the Armed Services branches of the Department of Defense, forming a star. The star embodies the First Responders who serve in our communities.
Some fast facts about the Memorial:
- It is entirely funded by donations from citizens and businesses in the region;
- The base is a star about 90 feet wide from point to point;
- The monument tower is about 24 feet high;
- There will be a quiet place for engraved pavers / bricks honoring friends and family;
- It will have a covered pavilion for ceremonies and educational events;
- It will be heavily shaded with native trees and shrubs.